The newest term to hit the youth planet is "Music Junkie", only few really understand it means trash.
Some of the greatest mysteries to a person who wants to get into rock music is from where must he start? or
how must he develop which genre of rock must he like.
Rock has more genres than India has states. That is a fact.
One of them is the great Emo culture. Which by far has been the most misunderstood and least known about
among all genres.
Emo is a style of rock music typically characterized by melodic musicianship and expressive, often confessional lyrics. It originated in the mid-1980s hardcore punk movement of Washington, D.C., where it was known as "emotional hardcore" or "emocore" and pioneered by bands such as Rites of Spring and Embrace.
There is a strong reason why i loved Wikipedia. This, being one of them.
Most of us think shading our clothes to a usual pink/black combination makes us Emo. No. It makes you look
like you don't know you're own sexuality.
Emo dressing was as a result of regression. From, how they felt about people to their own feelings. Most of their styles was inspired from Punk fashion.
Significant aspects that identified with Emo fashion were the hairstyles. Bangs gained popularity with great
momentum during this time. Bleaching black hair with eccentric shades also became a trend with the same.
Nowadays, we stereotype Emo fashion with skin fit lowers and the latest to hit the bill have been horn rimmed glasses. Only, they all look stylish. But, we must know why and how they came about.
They are mainly associated with keywords like shy, introvert, regression, emotional (from where the word is derived), depression and sometimes self injury.
It was a movement which created a huge impact.
Emo also gave birth to the most revolutionary band; Nirvana.
So, when you decide to look all Emo, please note that it isnt about wearing bright colors over dark shades, or
about wearing glasses which are sold roadside for 100 bucks.
What you wear speaks a lot about how you think; so please for the love of music, DO NOT insult it.
For example, here are some Must-not looks for Emo-punk dressing-
Emo dressing is a lot more than just crazy styles. It speaks volumes for what you feel, maybe about your music or your own opinions about life in general.
Some, Do-it-at home tips can be :
For the girls -
1) Bangs. Poker straight at that.
2) Experiment with hair colors, to the point you're still allowed to live at home.
3) Fishnet stockings. Skirts. Look very Emo.
4) Go pyscho with your chunk accessories. Nose studs, earrings. The works.
5) You can brave into a shocking pink or flouro up those Tees.
For the boys -
1) For the experimental, go for side bangs. Strict advise : Please don't look an ass.
2) All band tees. They work and speak like magic. Wear your music.
3) Experiment with the color of your denims. Avoid loose fits.
4) Get funky ties and team them up with shirts. Super cool they look.
5) Try sporting thin belts. Colors, or checks.
Respect Music; Respect the clothes.
Also, take my advise seriously. Don't take yourself too seriously.